OEM Steel Wheels on PT won't take a regular wheel cover?

I have made my 2003 PT Cruiser a complete "Airflow" replica and would like to use the wheel covers from a 49 Chrylser on the wheels. the wheel covers are the old style with the little press clips on the edges to grip the lip of the steel wheel, however, the clips don't grip the wheel! Is there someway to get those to work? or is there an aftermarket steel wheel that can be used on the PT, not one of the smoothies. TIA

Reply to
Bob Grimes

Love to see pictures of that Cruiser. I don't have an answer about the wheels covers but would you send me pics please. Send to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net and put PT PIC in the Subject line so I know it is not junk mail. Thanks

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

umm sounds like the wrong size?

or can you bend out the clips a bit (don't break them) so they exert more force on the rim?

Reply to
Punch

They are 15" wheel covers and the standard steel wheel on the PT is 15X6. They should fit, unless older steel wheels had a different lip arrangement on the clips. However, I will try the bending to see if it will work.

Reply to
CountFloyd

Sounds neat. Have any pictures?

Reply to
Charlie Dilks

hey I suggest you join up to ptcruiserlinks.com, and join the free forums, many helpful people there with wild to mild pt cruiser

tell punch sent ya.

punch

Reply to
Punch