Pacifica Sunroof Cancelled by DC

I had a Pacifica on order with the sunroof, but got a call tonight from the dealer saying that DC was cancelling my order as they weren't going to make it with the sunroof any more. The dealer offered a third party after market add on.

My concern is why isn't DC making the Pacifica with a sunroof any more???

Has anyone else heard about this and know why?

I'm leary about adding a third party.

Reply to
Bill Lillycrop

Don't use a 3rd party sunroof. They are leaks waiting to happen.

Reply to
Art Begun

Perhaps one of the senior executives (if any Americans are left) had vivid recollections of the 76 Aspen/Volare Fender fiasco. May have gotten wind of a possible sunroof defect and ordered a halt to production as opposed to what was done in 76?? This is pure speculation here.

Reply to
Robert

The one thing I noticed about sunroofs on Pacificas I looked at on the lot is the ceiling liner around it was really flimsy attachment-wise. Maybe CHrysler noticed the obvious defect in design.

Reply to
Art Begun

An answer for Bill.. take your Pacifica to the local VW outlet and get them to organize a vacation to Wolfsburg, where you can have a factory fitted sunroof..

-- History is only the past if we choose to do nothing about it..

weatherproof

Reply to
Mike Hall

yep they are trying to lower the price of the Pacifica, and are deleting many standard features, third row seat, sunroof etc....

Reply to
Punch

The low end version was always planned.

deleting

Reply to
Art Begun

Reply to
Bill Lillycrop

Did he really say that Chrysler was not going to make sunroofs anymore or did the dealer really forget to order the car with a sunroof??? I would NOT put an aftermarket sunroof in a Pacifica. My opinion.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr

I call that ALMOST just in time inventory.

Reply to
Art Begun

Reply to
mic canic

Reply to
mic canic

VW hasn't made manual sunroofs since the late 90s AFAIK and if you check the Corrado mailing list you will see that sunroofs are one of the most common failures on Corrados, right up there with the 80K mile G-lader (not one of VW's better ideas.)

Besides, I think the sunroofs (at least back in the day) were made by Golde, not VW.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I just got my 2004 AWD Pacifica on Friday the 5th of Dec. I ordered it October 25th and I ordered the sunroof. The reason it took so long to get the car was because the plant was down the two weeks after I ordered it. It was run November 25-26-27th. It HAS a sunroof (really called a MOONROOF) in it. Good Luck to you.

Reply to
Richard Benner Jr