Mustang or Magnum R/T Hemi--Easy Choice

I've had my '90 LX 5.0 since day 1 but I'm ready to get a new car. My requirements are that it has to be faster than my stock 5.0, be made in North America and be priced under $40,000. The candidates are: GTO, 300C Hemi, Magnum R/T Hemi and the '05 Mustang. Well I dropped by the Ford store today to size up the Mustang and I truly mean size it up because I am 6'4". Well it has about the same headroom as my LX, less and more confining legroom and less rear legroom when the driver's seat is all the way back. I drove a GTO at a GM autorama a few months back but it was just a modern LX but overpriced and totally bland. So that leaves the 300C and the Magnum. Somebody had a black Magnum in the customer parking area at the Ford store, The interior space, the Hemi and the looks make the Magnum my choice. Still going to keep the LX for weekend fun!

Reply to
Dave Combs

You left out the Cobra! But it seems your looking for a something with a bit more usable space for you and passengers, this would leave out the Cobra as well as the new Mustangs. I like the style of the 300C and especially the Magnum, I say get the Magnum if you need the cargo capacity or the 300C if a sedan will fit the bill.

Reply to
WraithCobra

I hadn't forgotten about the Cobra but the last time I sat in an '04 when the LX was in for service at the Ford store the headroom was too short. Being tall is great in crowds but not in cars, airline seats, beds, etc. The best car I ever had for legroom was an MGB. The seat went back further than I needed. Thanks for your comments.

Reply to
Dave Combs

Looking to trade it in, perhaps? With the recent addition of two young 'uns to the family, I'm trying to convince my wife she needs to get a Magnum. I could trade the vert, but damnit, Dodge could put the 8 liter V-10 in it and it'd still be a station wagon.

Wabbitslayer

01 GT vert
Reply to
wabbitslayer

It's still leagues ahead of a mini-van or the trite SUV....and, in my opinion, unique enough (for the moment) from the other 'station wagons' out there to almost be in a class of its own. (Apologies for the split infinitive)

DP

Dinsdale

My former '89 Probe GT and my current '95 Eclipse GSX both can have the seat so far back that I can't operate the clutch correctly, and I'm a hair over

6' tall. There's no knee room in the Eclipse though, at all.

JS

Reply to
JS

Hey, I think station wagaons are cool! They're much better than a SUV or minivan.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick

yeah...maybe you're right..i've been thinkin'....put the viper engine under the hood, six 15" subs in the cargo area....hmmm. I just keep having flashbacks to seeing all that faded-out woodgrain stick-on stuff as a child. What was that, anyway?

Wabbitslayer

01 GT vert
Reply to
wabbitslayer

I do not see it as a wagon, the more I see them on the street, the better they look. It is too unique to classify as a wagon, IMO...

Reply to
harpoo

Like on Nat. Lampoon's Vacation...

Hahaha

Yeah, wagons have come a long way since those days.. Magnum looks good IMO...

Reply to
harpoo