Programming Keyless Entry Remote- 2000 T&C ltd

Is there a procedure for programming one's keyless entry remote without visiting the dealer? I do not have a working fob as the prior owner lost them. I read that in older models there was a wire that you could ground to initiate the process? Any ideas?

Reply to
jhay77

You need to have the dealer program this remote. if you already had 2 working ones you could program the 3rd one. The old 94 models let you ground a wire to program them.

Glenn Beasley

Reply to
damnnickname

John Kunkel

Reply to
philthy
    There are 2 programming procedures for the 00 Town & Country. .        If you have at least 1 currently working remote, you can program up to 3 more remotes (total of 4 at once) by yourself.       Without any current remotes, you can still program new units, however a Chrysler DRB scantool is required.   Most Chrysler / Jeep / Dodge dealerships now have the small portable scantools and can program remotes in the parking lot in 10 seconds, rather than book time in a service bay for such a quick procedure.       Most dealerships will do this for free as a courtesy to local customers.
Reply to
Onblsht