PT Cruiser Draincock

I attempted to drain the water circulating system in the 2001 PT Cruiser. The draincock turned 1/4 turn and stopped. It was hard to turn by hand anyway. There seemed to be a notch at the closed position and the 1/4 turn position. I didn't want to break anything, so I thought I would ask first. Nothing came out of the drain. Is this draincock supposed to turn all the way out?

Reply to
indago
040818 2026 - Punch posted:

sorry to ask a dumb question, did you have the cap off?

I turned the plastic dial. I didn't notice that it was a cap, and that there is a draincock behind it. Is it supposed to pull off instead of turning it?

Reply to
indago
040819 1144 - Punch posted:

No, the instructions indicated that the radiator cap should stay on and open the draincock and the reserve bottle would empty first; then open the radiator cap and let the radiator drain. I turned the draincock 1/4 turn counterclockwise and it stopped there without forcing it too much. I didn't want to break anything so I stopped turning it. Nothing came out of the radiator. I had opened the reserve bottle cap.

Reply to
indago

sorry, I meant the rad cap, was it off?

Reply to
Punch
040820 1957 - Punch posted:

OK!

Reply to
indago

-- >> sorry, I meant the rad cap, was it off?

ummm just go turn the c*ck, and remove the cap, and let us know if anything comes out.

Reply to
Punch

Reply to
mic canic

maybe he's at 100k?

Reply to
Punch
040819 2015 - indago posted:

Well, I took the radiator cap off, and the cap for the overflow tank, and then turned the drain c*ck 1/4 turn counterclockwise and nothing happened. The coolant is supposed to come out.

Reply to
indago