PT - How much to change plugs?

The owners manual sez to change the plugs at 30,000. How much should I expect to pay to have this done? Is it a DIY?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Full, detailed instructions can be found at

Read CAREFULLY before trying this. Be sure to get the right lub and the right torque wrench! - RM

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Reply to
Jerome Jacques

You bought the car for your own reasons.. if you can't do the work then let the dealer do it. If you don't want to do the work, let the dealer do it. If your handy with tools try the couple of sites that are available. By the way, the word 'sez' is not a word.

I just ran into the whole thing with my mother-in-law and her car. I had diagnosed the same fix she paid $318 for on a $150 part. She was not wrong to get it dealer installed. I had it right. But she needed the second opinion; Go figure :)

Point is: know YOUR limitations! If it is truly over your head or you just don't have time, take it in to a shop.

Reply to
Ric

Your the kind of guy that they write Haynes manuals for. Check out Ebay, it's full of them for cheap. The Haynes manual is good for simple maintainence procedures that a more eperienced DIYer could figure out just by looking at it. Beyond that it is, of course, useless for any real troubleshooting.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

it can be done yourself, what model do you have?

also, in the GT beware the massairflow sensor, it breaks easily

Reply to
Punch

hey tom, bring your butt over to

join up, you'll get a tonof help there.

Reply to
Punch

sez is a word, it means seize....

Reply to
Punch

____Reply Separator_____ Sez you!

Reply to
Tom

Consider the OEM style dual plat plugs from Champion for this application if you have a conventional motor. I did that and new ignition wires about

20,000 miles ago and expect to go at least 60,000 miles on that set.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard