Radio Operation

I have a 2006 Caravan with a type "REV" radio. It has sat mode, am, fm, cd/dvd capability. It also has RCA jacks on the front for L-R audio and video. I want to connect my ipod to the front but can't figure out how to get into the "AUX" mode. Is there an AUX mode on this radio?

Reply to
dprkk

Hi dprkk...

Not a mechanic, just an old retired electrical guy. Worse, don't have a caravan, never less a 2006. I do have a thought worth mentioning, though :)

Often (at least in the olden days), the jack itself served dual purposes, being both the input and a switch - in this case being the switch to change you over to auxiliary input. I suggest just plugging in your iPod, turning on the radio, and seeing if that's not all that's required.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Reply to
philthy

That's the problem, the owner's manual justs says there are 3 RCA jacks on the front. No mention on how to get to the "AUX" mode though. The "mode" button on the front just cycles me through satellite, am and fm. CD/DVD gets activated when a disc is put in. Still looking for a solution.

Reply to
dprkk

problem, the owner's manual justs says there are 3 RCA jacks

Finally figured it out. The ipod has to be on and playing before the radio will recognize it and go into "AUX" mode. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reply to
dprkk

Not a Chrysler radio, but the aftermarket radio I put in my car won't cycle through the optional attachments unless something is detected. I don't know if it detects a signal or if it just detects a load on the input jack, but if the jack is empty, the mode change skips it.

Reply to
Mike Y