98 Maxima SE Bose HU

I have a 98 Maxima SE w/ the Bose headunit. I think there are 4 possible model types for that year: CN425 / PN-2121D CN515 / PN-2121K CN555 / PN-2121D CN575 / PN-2121D

Does anyone know where I can get documentation on any of these model headunits? I want to try and connect my ipod to the auxiliary connection. I want to find documentation on the rear of the HU before I open it up.

Thanks

Reply to
Dominique Feteau

do some digging at

and you'll find answers to your question. Keep in mind that Bose uses differential input (+/- signal as oppose to signal / ground), therefore you'll need a circuit to convert the signal. All the info on the circuit is available on the above site.

Reply to
rutia

The Bose HU has an input for an auxiliary CD changer. You can connect the ipod through there. Just have to figure out which pins are the L-R line level inputs. No need to take the HU apart.

Here's an example of it being done to a Chevy OEM radio;

CD

Reply to
Codifus