Re: 1993 Concorde

Mine did that once. I had the larger engine, I can't remember if it was

3.5 or 3.8, anyway it was the larger engine they made that year. It turned out to be the plug wires. They are not real easy to replace because they are routed under the air intake plemum. So if you do it yourself, make sure you get a plenum gasket because you will have to take it off to do the job. It's not real hard, it just takes a while. It certainly is not as easy as my 57 Ford was.
Reply to
Rabbitdog

Its the 3.5 and the next time you need to install the plug wires do yourself a favor, leave the intake alone. Take the boots off of the wires that connect to the coil tower and you can feed the wires under the manifold, once they are ran, simply put the boots back on and pop em on the tower. Do this to each one. I'm referring to Mopar wires, not sure if the aftermarket wires have the boots glued on or not, but in the long run, Mopar will save you time. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

My father had a 57 Ford wagon. His first new car. It was rusting by 58.

Reply to
Art

Rabbitdog wrote: > They are not real easy to replace

I've replaced those wires SEVERAL times in 230,000 miles on my wife's car, and never once taken the plenum off to do it. You can work the small (coil pack) end of the wire under the plenum quite easily. Or you can do what I did the last couple of times- snip the old wires, and then route the new wires over the top of the plenum and hold them in a nice bundle with black tie-wraps. Not as pretty, but much more serviceable.

Reply to
Steve