Air condotin not working in 1993 Concorde

After charging the air conditioner in a 1993 Concorde, the air conditioner works fine for about 2-3 days and then the freon seems to leak out. I put red dye in the system however, I see nothing yet. Where should I look? Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
Bjorn E

It may be the evaporator - which is hidden in the dash. You could have someone use an electronic sniffer in the vents, or, as suggested in the past by MaxPower (Glenn), shine your UV light on the condensate drain - if the evap. is leaking, the dye will have mixed with the condensate water and show up in the drain.

Bill Putney

Reply to
philthy

Where can I get one? Are they readily available or do I have to take it to a shop? Thanks.

Reply to
Bjorn E

The best electronic leak detector at the best price you'll find.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I got this one:

Most people would choose to take it to a shop rather than spend $150 on a special tool like that - but if you need it more than once, it will probably have paid for itself.

Bill Putney