Re: Minivan Comaprison

Actually I think GM and a very ancient Caddie, or Toronado (Ford) was really the first of the modern FWD cars.

The K-Car was Chrysler's first entry though and as strange as it sounds, they actually got it pretty good for a first venture.

At least compared to GM's X cars which were disasters.

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

I'm sure they do. I wonder what the actual number of questionnaires returned is for each brand. That would be interesting information and I've never seen CR publish that.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

I doubt it buys the cars that are pre-release cars the manufacturer gives them for an initial impression, since these aren't yet available for sale.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

And why should we believe Al?

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

Actually it goes even deeper than that.

It's a truism that people don't wish to admit they have been taken, sort of like the old Hans Christian Andersen tale of the Emporer's New Clothes.

So goes the poor soul who buys that $80,000 Jaguar that lives in the repair shop. Sure he gets a loaner, tea and biscuits in the waiting room and the car delivered back to his door when it is finally fixed.

So is this guy going to complain? Of course not.

So who DOES complain?

The poor schmo whose Focus has been recalled 9 times already and has to walk home from the repair shop as his car lives in the place.

Ask ANY Porsche owner what he thinks of his car....... Case closed.........................

Reply to
psycho_pastrami

We've already gone over that.

Possibly.

Reply to
scott

Again you criticize a publication without reading it. That was Motor Trend.

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

As I said, he documents what he says. Coulter does not.

Example: Coulter said the NY Times didn't report on Dale Earnhardt's death for 2 days. Franken shows a picture of the front page of the NYT the next day with an article on it.

Franken address his mistakes too. As I said, Franken provides sources and documentation; the hysterical right does not (because they cannot).

You've geen listening to Rush too long...

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

He can say 2 + 2 =5, but he'd be as wrong about that too.

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

Huh? The Toronado was an Olds, 1966, the first fwd American car since the Cord of the 1930s.

You really do seem ignorant of a lot of automotive facts.

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

Wrong. CR does not accept anything from any manufacturer.

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

He provides detailed references. Oh, I forgot, the radical right doesn't need "no stinkin' facts."

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

You really think someone who laid out 80 grand on a car that has to be in the shop all the time won't complain?

Reply to
Lloyd Parker

Someone claimed that CR was accepting and at last making preliminary tests on newly designed models from the auto makers. I'm sure the results of these tests aren't published in their magazine, but if they really are doing this, they aren't buying these vehicles.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew S. Whiting

And Coulter freely admitted this.

This is the big mistake that proves that the right lies! Congratulations! Also, if you are obsessed about the NASCAR driver story, it appeared without Earnhardt's name in the title, in the bottom right corner.

Lloyd won't read that, because it doesn't support his prejudices.

Coulter's book is well documented all the way through and chock full of citations. Franken's big lie that he found? Her citations were referred to as "footnotes" when they are in fact at the end of the book instead of the bottom of the page. Gee, I guess every teacher, college professor, and grad school advisor I ever had was a "liar" too, because they called them end notes and expected them at the rear of the paper. Good job, Franken.

What on earth are you babbling about? You, a "professor", honestly get your information from an "unbiased" source as a drive-by character assassin like Franken who will not stand behind even his own statements? Geesh, I knew the left was woefully short on arguments and logical thinking, but when Franken gets cited for his ideas, yeesh. Even leftists with a little common sense steer clear of such drivel. And when you are fully reduced to needing to push your politics on an auto newsgroup....

Reply to
Greg Johnson

Such as basing your major point on the semantics that endnotes can't be called footnotes? So do you believe anybody with "detailed references," (such as Coulter who provides scores and scores of easily verified citations) or just whom you chose to believe who claims they have "detailed references?"

Reply to
Greg Johnson

And Coulter freely admitted this.

This is the big mistake that proves that the right lies! Congratulations!

Also, if you are obsessed about the NASCAR driver story, it appeared without Earnhardt's name in the title, in the bottom right corner.

Lloyd won't read that, because it doesn't support his prejudices.

Coulter's book is well documented all the way through and chock full of citations. Franken's big lie that he found? Her citations were referred to as "footnotes" when they are in fact at the end of the book instead of the bottom of the page. Gee, I guess every teacher, college professor, and grad school advisor I ever had was a "liar" too, because they called them footnotes and expected them at the rear of the paper. Good job, Franken.

What on earth are you babbling about? You, a "professor", honestly get your information from an "unbiased" source as a drive-by character assassin like Franken who will not stand behind even his own statements? Geesh, I knew the left was woefully short on arguments and logical thinking, but when Franken gets cited for his ideas, yeesh. Even leftists with a little common sense steer clear of such drivel. And when you are fully reduced to needing to push your politics on an auto newsgroup....

Reply to
Greg Johnson

I don't like Rush Limbaugh or Al Franken. Claiming that Al Franken is more correct becasue he sites references doesn't necessarily ring true. Citing the lies of others does not make what you are saying true. I have no idea whether or not Ann Coulter is lying or if Al Franken is lying. I don't trust either one of them.

I personally believe there is a huge liberal bias to most media outs. The big exceptions to this are right wing radio talk show hosts and Fox new. I suppose there must be a few right wing newpapers out there - but I don't know of one off the top of my head.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Lloyd is an idiot who is way out of his league as usual.

He should try driving cars sometime instead of reading about them in trade rags, all of which are biased in one form or another.

Reply to
psycho pastrami

People claim Elvis is alive too.

Reply to