Re: New Car Mitsubishi Lancer

Good News to read!! An everyday sedan with a sporty demeanor.

> With the recent doubling of crude-oil prices, Mitsubishi's ninth- > generation Lancer is arriving at a time of renewed interest in > smallish sedans. As with most new vehicles, this latest Lancer is > stiffer and more powerful than its predecessor, but unlike most of its > competitors, it hasn't grown much in size. >

Nice size for a car in that class. The gasoline mileage is nothing to write home about though!

Reply to
who

The Lancer's 29 MPG highway is not great, but it's not that bad. There are too many variables in city mileage, so I tend to ignore that and only compare highway mileage.

My wife's '07 Saturn Sky (base 2.4L with AT) gets 27 on the highway. I find this disappointing because that's the same as her previous car, a '98 Mustake 3.8L V6 & AT. (can you tell I hated that car?)

Our '98 Stratus ES (2.5L V6 & Autostick) has always gotten at least 31 MPG on the highway. It is now showing 138,000 miles and still runs great (original engine and trans).

My '94 Eclipse 2.0L Turbo puts out over 250 HP and got me 32-34 MPG highway on a recent trip. Over a 30-mile commute that is a mix of rural and freeway I get 31 MPG. The engine is not stock and gets this because I drive it somewhat reasonable.

Reply to
Gyzmologist