Re: rough idle - hard start - 93 Caravan

Have you been regularly running any type of injector cleaner through the fuel system. When my 93 3.3 gets rough a good does of a high quality injector cleaner usually clears it up. Sometimes it need to be run through a couple of tanks of gas.

My 93 Caravan (3.3Liter)idles rough and starts only with slight > throttle after about 10 seconds of cranking. I've changed spark plugs > and wires, air and fuel filters. I'm wondering if the spark is hot > enough. How can I check? In the old days, I might have changed the > coil, but this has no coil. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in > advance, ...Dave
Reply to
Mike Martin

No, I haven't. Last time I used injector cleaner was June, a bottle of STP. I've always been a little suspicious of additives, not knowing if they do any harm. What's your favorite brand? .........Dave

Reply to
Dave

If this has not been done recently, try cleaning the throttle body with some good TB and combustion chamber cleaner, an old toothbrush, and a clean rag. The 3.3L is notorious for having the throttle plate get gummed up and causing idling problems. If it is really bad, you may need to disassemble the AIS and throttle body clean and then reassemble using new gasket.

Also could be caused by dirty fuel injectors too since you already changed the fuel filter.

Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman