Replacement Bushings

BTW - I just installed those TRW sway bar bushings tonight to beat the cold weather coming in tonight. Thumping on bumps is totally gone.

Are the TRW parts Graphite/Carbon impregnated urethane? Where did you get them?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

I don't think they're graphite impregnated - they're too much of a pure pink/red color, and I would think that would not be possible with any significant amount of graphite. I also can't say what material they are. I e-mailed TRW a couple of days ago to inquire, but am not holding my breath for a non-b.s. answer.

They're the part you would get at any chain auto parts store - Advance, Auto Zone, etc. since they all pretty much carry TRW.

Bill Putney

I don't believe there is any lifetime warranty with them - checked over their web site very carefully. If there is one, they hide it pretty well.

But I did call them and, though they said they would typically replace them if purchased two years ago, but generally not longer than that. But they were pleasant about it and said they would drop a new pair of bushings in the mail to me.

Bill Putney

Richard - in my previous post, I said that Moog sells end links with grease fittings in them. I forgot you are speaking in the context of a PT, which I assume has the traditional rod with two grommets at each connection point, so my statement was wrong for the PT. I was thinking in terms of the LH cars on which the end links are a rod assembly with a ball joint on each end. From your description, it sounds like the PT maybe should have had a similar ball joint end link. no doubt the LH cars would be having a similar problem as the PT if they had used the rod and grommet solution.

Bill Putney