Replacing mirror in 97 Stratus

I recently broke the driver's side power door mirror on my 97 Stratus. (Don't ask how-stupid mistake!) I ordered a replacement on-line for a fraction of the dealer cost and hope to replace it myself. It seems like it would be easy, but the inside panel covering the mirror area doesn't want to come off. Does anyone know if this is an easy task and if I need to take the whole door panel off to get to the mirror screw/plug? If so, how do I go about doing that? If it's not obvious already, I have VERY limited knowledge with cars. Should I just take this to the dealer or body shop?

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

you have to take the whole door panel off, then there are 2 screws holding the cover.

I did one on my kids 97 Stratus... she did not have a clue how it got broken either! :)

Reply to
The Commander

Reply to
mic canic