Sebring Convertible 1998 Leaking -- HELP

I've owned convertibles for over 50 years -- I've just discovered that my

1998 leaks like a sieve.

It seems to back up into some reserve area from the from front door back -- but not the truck.

Then it starts to overflow into the passenger compartment.

I love this car but its 'sell by' date is getting pushed up if this can not be fixed.

  1. how do I go about finding the leaks?
  2. Is it wise to simply drill holes to let the water out?
  3. Any other wisdom will be appreciated.

In advance thanks

Frank

Reply to
fdt310

Do these cars have the liner behind the rear seats with drain hoses that run ouside the car like Lebarons? Are you seeing any water accumulate there? Don't see big deal about drilling a few drainage holes as long as you know the water is piling up there. Make sure the existing drain holes are not plugged. Maybe can take the inner door panel off and drench car good with a hose and see if can see water dripping in.

Reply to
mark french

Reply to
txgizmo

Thanks for your help.

While reviewing the responses I noticed there were questions about the musty smell.

My wife found bags of volcanic rock about 10 years go. These do work -- slowly -- I keep a bag in the back seat to refresh in the sun when the top is down.

I tried to register at the board for the url below -- I wanted to post this notion of the bags of rocks -- But I think I'm not smart enough -- my patients with that level of security about leaky cars wore out after the third attempt.

Again thanks

Frank

Reply to
fdt310