Shift linkage Ply Acclaim

My 1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3.0 (love it) is having difficulty at times when I try to put it in park, etc. One time when I was working on it and wanted to move the shifter through the gears I got stuck in P. I almost died of fright but soon composed myself and moved the shift linkage on the transaxle. (That seemed to do the trick, temporally.) My guess the linkage is in need of repair and my "books" (service manual included) show hardly anything on this.

Has anyone any experience with this? Also, I am open to any suggestion as how to proceed.

Hank from PA

Reply to
Hank