91 Acclaim column shift indcator

I just changed my transmission cable linkage and now my 91 Acclaim column shift indicator does not move. (The little thing that says you in PRD123.) This job required dropping the steering column and removing a lot of the dash. I must have broke something????

I don't have any idea how that little "indicator" works and what I should look for.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks Hank From PA.... snipped-for-privacy@tpd.net

Reply to
Hank

There is a very small cable, more like a nylon string, that runs from the PRNDL indicator to a hook tab that moves with the gear lever. If you dropped the column without first unhooking the PRNDL indicator, you probably broke the nylon string (or, if you're lucky, it came unhooked). You will probably need a replacement PRNDL indicator. They're very common in wrecking yards.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

DS,

That's exactly what I did, Dropped, or better yet, let the column's weight do the damage. I checked into a dealer's price and it was $20.00. I will go with the new one because I don't feel like going to the U PULL IT yard. Sometimes being in a hurry causes problems. Perhaps "Zen Do Your Car" is a good idea.

Thanks for your time and help.

Hank

Reply to
Hank