Drive shaft lubricant....

Hi All,

I am replacing my left side drive shaft (boot torn up) and wondered what kind of lubrication I should use. My service manual says Mopar Multipurpose Lubricant or equivalent. I do most of my shopping at Advance auto stores.

Can anyone recommend an "off the shelf " lubricant.

1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3.0 (no ABS)

Thanks in advance?.

Hank

Reply to
Hank

Exactly what is it you want to lube?

A remanufactured half shaft will come with the CV joints already packed in the proper grease. A replacement CV boot will come with the proper grease. The inner pot where it slides into the transaxle should be lubed with ATF (for the seal). The outer spline can be lubed with just about anything like chassis grease (thin film). The axle nut goes on dry (be sure to torque ot to spec).

Reply to
Neil Nelson

(The inner pot where it slides into the transaxle should be lubed with ATF (for the seal). The outer spline can be lubed with just about anything like chassis grease (thin film)."

You answered my questi>>

Reply to
Hank