Location of mount on Acclaim

I have a 91 Plymouth Acclaim 6cyl 3.0 and need to replace the transmission mount, often called motor mount. I had the part and returned it because I was not sure of the location on the car.

My shop manual and computer repair disk make it's location difficult yet my Haynes says to just remove and replace it.

I did the other two mounts (front and left side) but this one I can't figure out.

Supposedly it sits on top of the Transaxle Rear End Cover.

Has any replaced the part and can you help me? Hank snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net

Reply to
Hank

It is bolted to the top of the trans with a few bolts and is bolted to the car with 1 long bolt that is accessed inside the driver's wheel well and is hidden behind a rubber plug and/or a plastic splash guard. The 1 long bolt is a 15mm not sure about the others.

Note : if using a shallow socket on the long bolt be very careful as the bolt head is inside the frame rail and if you knock the socket off of the extension it can and will drop down in the frame and become unrecoverable.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know

Thank you....

Reply to