Spray paint recommendations

I want to touch up some of the areas where paint has flaked off my Intrepid. I have done this in the past, but the spray paint doesn't hold up very well. I used plasti-kote "Car Color". Do any of you have any recommendations for spray paint that will last? I prefer using spray cans for this job.

Reply to
Old Car

Back in the 70's I took all the chrome of my 71 Swinger and brought it to Maaco which had just opened up. Not a bad job. I'm sure others will disagree. I kept the car a couple of years. It was in Rochester NY so rust returning was inevitable.

Reply to
Art

recommendations for

As you said that the paint *flaked* off, I am guessing it is the same

*delamination* problem that most late 1980's - early 1990's Chrysler products have.

If this is the case, repainting it will only provide a temporary solution. In my case, it started flaking off right next to the re-painted area. The only lasting solution is to strip and repaint.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson