stereo problems caravan

I have a 97 Grand Carvan SE that has the infinity stereo system. The factory cd went on it so I had a new sony cd/mp3 player put in. The problem is that it doesnt sound near as good as the original deck. It is a high powered Sony deck but sounds "tinny" little base. Are there factory amps in this vehicle? If so where are they located. I think the dude who installed it failed to hook them up.

-THanks!

Reply to
severeuke

I bought my 92 Plymouth Sundance about three years ago. The first problem I noticed was my stereo that goes off once in a while. I am the kind of person that don't easily buy brand new stuff if a cheap second hand is available. So I started checking out thrift stores. I was able to buy one and now have two spares bought at different thrift stores at different times. The deal: they usually price it at $10, average. Since you can not test it at the store, there's no way of knowing if it's perfectly working - in other words, it's gamble. But if it looks new, chances are- they work good. The other deal: if I see one that really "looks" good and has no wiring harness that go with it - For the price of $10, I make a deal of $5, telling the store clerk that the unit might not work because there's no wiring. So I can get it at $5, then check the internet for wiring information. It's 99% possible.

Reply to
Bobby Villamor