Focus Stereo connections problem

I have just brought a 2004 focus and although the standard CD player is good I already had a sony cd/mp3 player. I brought the wiring adapter from Halfords and on install all was really easy and the my Sony stereo worked just great until I found the one problem.

For some unknown reason everytime I leave the car for more than say minute or so and then come back and start it back up then the Sony unit ejects the CD (instead of continuing where it left off) and all the stereo settings I set are lost back to defaults as if I have taken the stereo from the car completely.

Am I missing something obvious here. The wiring adapter kit admittedly did not cater for one of the connectors but I thought this was not an issue otherwise it would have.

Ta

Sie

Reply to
Sie

[...]

Sounds like the Permanent 12v and the Ignition 12v are reversed. Permanent has Battery voltage all the time. Ignition has Battery voltage only when the key is in position one or two. Sorry, don't know the colours, but a test light or multi-meter should identify the wires. Swap these wires around and see if it makes a difference.

Reply to
lee.hewing