Tailgate light

I cant seem to get the cover off my inside flood light on my tailgate of my 1997 Dodge Caravan and I dont want to force it..THe bulb died.Can this be done or is it a "dealer" job.

Reply to
Gary

I cant seem to get the cover off my inside flood light on my tailgate of my 1997 Dodge Caravan and I dont want to force it..THe bulb died.Can this be done or is it a "dealer" job.

Reply to
maxpower

This light is one of two that are on the inside of the hatch gate.It's for inside light only and comes on when i open the hatch gate or unlock my van.

Reply to
Gary

This light is one of two that are on the inside of the hatch gate.It's for inside light only and comes on when i open the hatch gate or unlock my van.

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mr.som ting wong

two that are on the inside of the hatch gate.It's for inside light only and comes on when i open the hatch gate or unlock my van.

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks Glen

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
mr.som ting wong

Yes,I got it off and without breaking it which is a huge accomplishment for me...LOL...But I cant find the 567 bulb I need.I went to 3 places,Pep Boys and Auto Zone and Strause Auto, and none of these carry this bulb.Iwill probably try a dealer.

Reply to
Gary

My experience with Pep Boys is that if it's not on the shelf, they don't have it, and can't get it until the truck comes in, end of story.

When Checker Auto Parts didn't have the 26" Trico NeoForm Beam Blade wiper blade I needed for my Caravan, they ordered it from the areal warehouse. Had it the next day. I suspect that AutoZone could do the same. BTW, these blades are awesome.

QX

Today I went to a NAPA store in my quest for a 567 bulb formu inside light on my liftgate on my 97 Caravan.They did not have it but the salesman sworw the 561 bulb he had would do the trick.IT WORKED !!! Thank you for the advice .

Reply to
Gary

What is with the background music throughout this thread? It seems to be spawned from this bit of HTML code: ""

Anyway I am surprised noone else mentioned it yet.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know