the sad Death of the Intrepid

me personally i dont want a AWD or 4 by. they both have too much drivetrain to maintain unless you like in an area that really calls for it.

Reply to
robs440

Depends on who's talking (or typing). In my case- FWD is a good reason NOT to buy a car. I've only bought *ONE* Chrysler passenger car made between 1980 and now because I detest FWD so much. I may not care for the styling of the Magnum and new 300, but I'm doing a happy dance because FWD is going the way of the dinosaur- hopefully forever. My wife's 93 Vision TSi is a very reliable car- one of the best I've ever had. Its very smooth and comfortable to drive and even has plenty of power- but nothing can hide the fact that FWD handles like a dump truck. My '73 Satellite 4-door handles much better at the limit in spite of having the classic old Mopar lack of steering feel. The FWD just plows.

Reply to
Steve

Finally - Chrysler has got it right - Maybe this merger with MB has finally bare some fruit.

I have had 3 FDW (MAZDA-FORD-EAGLE) cars and would give them all up for any of my dad's RWD Dodges (62 Dart - 69 Cornet - 80 Aspen).

However, since these "new" RWD cars will still be stuck with all the other junk that has been put into cars since the 80's it may not be all that it is cracked up to be.

Reply to
Mainframe

No doubt RWD is the way to go in Texas, but up here in the snow belt, FWD does have its benefits. It is always interesting to watch the police cars have trouble in the snow (they primarily use RWD Crown Vics) although Dodge Intrepid police cars are coming on the scene.

Reply to
Greg Houston

this is why i still have 68 coronet

Reply to
robs440

Unfortunately, we do :-(

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

We have more Police and Emergency 4WD vehicles than ever before as they're really needed.

I understand about how smooth the RWD cars are but here where it snows, it pays to have the 4WD, AWD or FWD.

Maybe, it's time to move :-)

Ken

Reply to
NJ Vike

i get snow in colorado too.......but dont need one. ofcourse these days im not up in the hills much like i used to be.

Reply to
robs440