Towing with a 99 Caravan 3.0L 4-speed auto

I am planning on towing a tent trailer with a total gross weight of no more than 2500 lbs. I will be having a tranny cooler installed. Is the 3.0L 4-speed with a cooler sufficient for towing this weight? Also, can one install a tranny cooler themselves on this model or should that only be done by the dealership?

tia.

Reply to
bobjones

jdoe

You WILL want (and need) trailer brakes. I towed a 2800 lb trailer with my 3.0 Aerostar. It was adequate, but not phenominal. I tow it now with a 3.8 Pontiac. Much better. I would NOT want to tow it with my 3.0 New Yorker. Without trailer brakes it is DEFINITELY an accident waiting to happen!!

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce