Under carriage rattle driving me crazy

My 03 Caravan Sport (short wheelbase) has a very annoying metallic rattle underneath.

What should I look for?

Thanks

Reply to
Mike S

The first place I would like at is the exhaust system. Probably come from some type of heat shield that has come loose and vibrating.

Reply to
Licker

Smart Car? Motorcycle?

Reply to
News

More information please? Where exactly is "underneath"? Is it only when you strike a bump or all the time? Only when the vehicle is moving or also when sitting at a stop?

Without any additional info, and if when you hit a bump, I'd guess it was the front sway bar links which are easily replaced.

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Thanks, I will look a litte bit closer.

Initially I thought it was the thin aluminum tubes that run on the underside, as there is some play in them, but after padding them (with an old mouse pad), the rattle was still there.

Thanks aga>annoying metallic rattle underneath.

Reply to
Mike S

My rusted out cat converter rattled like crazy. Check yours out.

Reply to
Erroneous Maximus