Warranty change

I just purchase a 2005 300 Limited, with 7/70,000 mile warranty The dealer stated that I could he would put me in a 2006 same car, for $87.00 difference. except that DaimlerChrysler will NOT HAVE 7/70,000 mile warranty they are going back to 3/36,000 warranty on all DaimlerChrysler products on 2006 vehicles, has anyone heard about this? Thanks

Reply to
Marty

I just purchase a 2005 300 Limited, with 7/70,000 mile warranty The dealer stated that I could he would put me in a 2006 same car, for $87.00 difference. except that DaimlerChrysler will NOT HAVE 7/70,000 mile warranty they are going back to 3/36,000 warranty on all DaimlerChrysler products on 2006 vehicles, has anyone heard about this? Thanks

Reply to
Marty

Where is he going to get a 2006 now?

Reply to
Joe

Yep Sure did.. Talk about faith of the product... Or maybe no money in the pocket..now they have a way to make somemore green with the so called extended warranty option.. hmm

Reply to
Scott S.

Sometimes it works the opposite: When there's been bad publicity and public confidence is low, the mfgr. has invest in their future by sweetening the pot to entice buyers by offering long warranties, and in times of relatively high public confidence, they can shorten the warranties. Ya gotta learn to think like an MBA.

Bill Putney

I think Bill is right. A local dealer had a big banner across its normal sales ad advertising that it will do warranty repairs and recalls on all Chrysler products even if purchased elsewhere. You have to think that its repair department business is slow because the cars are getting more reliable. Otherwise why would it be looking for warranty and recall business.

Reply to
Art

I usually buy the extended service agreement for 7 years/ 75k miles anyway so I can sell the car in year 6 with a warranty. I figure I easily get my money back on the service agreement that way. Since they did not lower the service agreement prices when they went to the longer drivetrain warranty it will not be a factor for me. My only problem is that my 300M is now 6.5 years old and my wife doesn't want to part with it. It is a great car. In fact, the other day I searched on local dealer sites to see if there were any new leftovers around on their lots but they are all gone. Otherwise would have gotten another.

Reply to
Art

Reply to
mic canic