Weird Intrepid Problem

I was wondering if anybody has heard/experienced this problem before:

I have a 2001 Chrysler Intrepid 2.7L with about 155k kilometers on it. Recently I noticed that when I change the temperature control from cold to hot (when my temperature gauge shows the temp in the middle - which is where it is normally after driving for a few minutes), I get only cool air unless my car is actually moving (weird). It doesn't matter how warmed up my car gets, I experience hot air only when the car is in motion and in any event (hot or cold, air conditioning or not), the volume remains the same.

Also, the air conditioning isn't working properly either. It shows that it's on (the light is on), and it gets a little cool but not to the extent that you would expect (in fact on hot days its almost useless as it's only able to cool a couple of degrees). It doesn't matter whether the air is coming from outside of the car or if it's being recirculated inside of the car. It's only slighty cooled.

I'm not sure if these two problems are related or if it's just a coincidence that both appeared at the same time.

Regards

Reply to
His Shadow

Start with having the A/C checked for a leak.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to