Wobble'n Shaking at 40MPH

1994 Grand Caravan, 3.3 liter.

At about 40MPH, I experience a stong shaking or wobble in the Caravan. I do not feel it in the steering wheel. The tires are new and balanced. My guess is a possibile Bent Wheel or Bent Axle. But perhaps someone else has experience with this?

Ant advise is welcome.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Starr

This is consistent with a worn inner CV joint on one of the axles. A worn CV joint will not rotate inline with the axle at certain speed ranges and will cause a real shake.

Reply to
David Allen

If it takes place between 40mph and 65mph, and it's worse under acceleration, or going up a hill, then it's probably an inside CV joint.

Reply to
SN

I would agree with the others. I have had the same issue in the past and replacing the CV joint fixed it.

Reply to
PC Medic

Just went through this. It was the shorter of the 2 axles that was bad.

Chris

Reply to
Chris