BX Rear suspension clunks - Help!

Hi all, I'm the owner of Britains sole remaining BX - or so it seems, haven't seen one in ages! Anyway, mines has started makng some horrible noises from the rear when going over any substantial road hump / bump. Any sort of speed over a traffic calming hump and there's a big metallic crunch on the compression, and another on the rebound. The rear suspension bearings are only 10,000 miles old, and I can't feel any wear / play there. All the spheres are New last year.

Any ideas? Is there any sort of knuckle where the ram meets the rear arms etc? I can't remember!

It's likely I'll be selling this car soon if anyone has an interest, just got a C3 yesterday. The BX is a 1990 GTi 145,000 miles, goes perfectly except for the above. Has 4 new tyres, taxed 'til October, and MOT expires

24 March 2007. I've owned this car since 1992, and have a full history. Clutch is only 20,000 miles old. Have a full range of spares - all ECUs', lights, ignition parts etc, etc. It's red and in Cardiff.

Thanks all,

Tim

Reply to
<tim.rickettsNOSPAM