Citroen as a detergent (was Re: Rogue alt.* newsgroups started in my name)

Message i.d.:, by author 2Rowdy aka inspired me,

Message > i.d.:, > by author tm aka >> >>> alt.config exists for discussions of BarB's cat, Adam's extensive >>> collection of bow ties, and dvus's wayward but exceedingly >>> talented mother. Didn't the FAQs make that clear? >> >> Let's not forget 2Rowdy's bizarre attraction to cars spelled with >> an umlaut. That would be a terrible oversight, and one that I am >> determined to correct whenever i get around to writing a faq. > > So incorrect you are. The great marque of Citroen (with an umlaut on > the e) is on-topic within alt.autos.citroen. Not in alt.config. > Bu sure to mention that in your FAQ, you've got plety of time to > write one. > We need a FAQ soon. > >>> I think you ought to make a list of the immature trolls, just to >>> ensure that everybody knows who they are. >> >> Immature trolls? What, exactly, made you and i decide that today >> was 'insult 2Rowdy day'? > > It's my young looks and sparkling mind that makes people want to > insult me. Some have it, some don't. Live with it. > Owning a Citroen makes one impenetrable to insults. You should try > it.

Forgot teh x-post

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author Aratzio aka inspired me,

No. Darn. You must be right.

Reply to
2Rowdy

What do you mean?

Reply to
ah

Gimme a clue and test me. Grappa will do.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author Aratzio aka inspired me,

Good trade. Wine must be in food. Grappa is for drinking.

Reply to
2Rowdy

The hydraulics have improved since. I once owned a BX diesel and cos of it's weight it drove perfectly. When it was in repair I borrowed a BX light, the comparison with a boat makes sense.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They most certainly have not. They've been cheapened drastically.

Sounds like two very shagged out BXs...

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Aratzio aka inspired me,

It sure was heavy. That's why it drove so smooth, like being on a track.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

My XM comes close to the BX diesel I had. The suspention on the diesel was better.

The BX TRD was great, the borrowed ones were junk.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author Aratzio aka inspired me,

i.d.:,

Didn't have powersteering. Didn't need it.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author Aratzio aka inspired me,

Thanks for explaining. Didn't have any problems with that. Should have, but didn't. Racing was not possible with the car. It was way underpowered with only a small 1.9, no turbo, engine (50 bhp or so). Near Lyon, going North, up hill, with a caravan behind it was total horror. It could only pull in first gear.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The "cleverness" has increased. The build quality has decreased, drastically.

Reply to
Adrian

Aratzio ( snipped-for-privacy@sneakemail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"understeer"

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Hardly survived the e1100 bill I had to pay a few weeks ago.. Exhaust, rear brakes and some onther stuff. I was to late with the exhaust. The cat rattles. I'll let it rattle for a while. I'm broke for the time being. New cat costs approx e1200. Front weels are beginning to shine. This is a depressing post.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You're surely not asking a Citroen dealer about the parts, are you?

There's umpteen discount cat suppliers online.

Two secs with google came up with XM petrol cats costing about £150 from

Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Now I am depressed. Paid e900 for a new cat just a few years ago. The rattling of the cat is my own fault. The exhaust was broken but I continued to drive a few days.

Thanks for the link.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Filth!