dancing 2CV ...

I was reading , made by the entity known as drd, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Great!

But totally unrealistic

Reply to
2Rowdy

I do hope that no Citroens were hurt to make this movie ...

Could it be that my ZX is accumulating dents in my absence because it is practising moves? (The latest damage happened with me in the driving seat, but not moving - grid-lock + impatIent lorry driver. Tempers had been flaring for some minutes so I scarpered rather than risk a Road Rage Incident).

Reply to
Whiskers

I was reading , made by the entity known as Whiskers, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Indeed an important point you made.

I'm gonna tie up my Xantia.

Bullbars, you need big massive bullbars. A musthave for the urban gridlock drivers. Save up the insurance money for all those dents and design and install a ZX bullbar.

2Rowdy

I'm not sure that'd be legal over here; anyway, something a lot higher up at the sides is required in London. I have contemplated fitting the sort of 'fenders' that canal boats have along each side, but a narrow-boat is a bit tricky to handle on the streets, and granny isn't too good at climbing and jumping ;))

Do Citroen make army tanks? One of them would probably stand up to the punishment. Alternatively, a folding car that could be stowed into a suit-case and carried indoors at night or walked around the traffic-jams.

Reply to
Whiskers

I was reading , made by the entity known as Whiskers, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Thinking about boats. You could glue wooden bars around the car. Post pictures!

I think the TUB can stand some urban bashing.

2Rowdy

Technically, a "rubbing strake" :))

Nice collection of photos :)) Le Tube would certainly have other people keeping a distance, I think. /Very/ Gallic, too! L'Avion looks like a lot of fun, and there isn't very much of it to be bumped into.

Reply to
Whiskers

I was reading , made by the entity known as Whiskers, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

Great. Post pictures.

From the same webside, this is the one you need.

2Rowdy

Well, here's one of the pointy end of a boat, with a rubbing strake .

HaHaHaHa.... Yes, that one should survive the streets quite well :))

Reply to
Whiskers

I was reading , made by the entity known as Whiskers, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

I mean, after you have straked this one

2Rowdy

Looking at the pic, (back wheel) it's amazing to think that Citroen can build such comlex cars and have been doing so for years, but they still cannot make a hub cap that is capable of staying on the rim at speed.

Not only a problem for Citroen, you see so many cars with the zippys on the hub caps, Halfords even sell silver ones to match the trim!!

Regards Slim

Reply to
Slim

I thought you might ;))

Reply to
Whiskers

I'd be happy with something to keep the oily bits in the middle protected; there is something to be said for the old Citroen-type pressed steel wheels with the central 'boss' to cover the hub. Modern steel wheels all seem to leave that part open. The main reson for having those 'wheel trims' is safety; they make the car more visible from the side, especially at night. Pale-coloured wheels would do that just as well - but mine are painted black, which for some reason seems to be 'normal' these days.

This particular car is a 'Leader' model, which in this country means that it is the 'no fancy bits' basic model sold as a 'company fleet' car; it probably had plain Citroen wheel-trims originally. The previous owner was a 'company', and the car has clearly had a tough life even before I parked it in my Close.

Reply to
Whiskers