Goodbye to a great car

Quite normal out here. It avoids skaters. It was a parking lot near a cemetery.

Thanks.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Is parking at 90deg to the marked spots normal, too?

Reply to
Adrian

It may more fully explain the condition of that one side of the car ...

CL

Reply to
CL

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Haven't seen anybody out there, alive that is, that objected.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Which may explain the absence of other cars..

Reply to
ah

Message i.d.:, by author Steve Leyland aka inspired me,

Hardly. Most have been closed and the soil cleaned.

Old cars get stripped. Usefull parts are stored and sold. Rubbish is recycled. All subsidised jobs, that's why cars are expensive and that's why you need to pay to get a car scrapped. Yes, we pay two times for scrapping a car out here.

It's about a two day job I guess. For your mate with his toys it'll be ready in half a day but you wouldn't dare to drive it with 200 km/h over the German autobahn now would you?

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No chance.

An hour to swap the two doors over, another hour, mebbe a bit longer, for the wing.

Yes. Why not? It's only a bit of light panel damage, ffs.

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Steve Leyland aka inspired me,

Next time, since I have no mates with welding torches, I'll ask you two. I'll bring a crate, or two, of beer along.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not even any need for welding. The doors attach with roll pins, and the wing bolts on.

Reply to
Adrian

But, sparks are cool.

Reply to
ah

ah ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No, they're definitely quite warm.

Reply to
Adrian

Buda-bing!

Reply to
ah

I know what you mean. It just isn't the same unless you can use the acetylene torch to cut some metal. Even if it's just a piece of scrap that you sneak in so you can put on a show. Then you can turn to your girlfriend and say something like "I had to wear that strange helmet because if I stare at the flame without one, it'll destroy my retinas and I'll go blind." The bravery drives women wild. Gets you laid eleven times out of every ten tries.

CL

Reply to
CL

I only ever used the helmet for arc-welding, for gas cutting and welding I just used dark goggles. Is there someone I can sue?

Reply to
dvus

For what? Not going blind or not getting laid?

CL

Reply to
CL

YES!1! How much can I get?

Reply to
dvus

My employer purchased a plasma cutter last month--last weekend, I cut a 10cm dia. "sun" out of 1/4" steel in about 30 seconds.

It was easier than buttering bread.

If I can remember, I'll post photos.

Reply to
ah

Kewl, but does it make proper sparks or is it just an efficient cutting tool? A lot of these modern ways of doing industrial stuff have taken away all of the smoke, sparks, and steam from the actual work. People can't tell how hard you're working any more because you're not giving off sparks. I blame the Japanese.

Yes, do that. Especially the ones with sparks and smoke.

CL

Reply to
CL

It blows (really fine) sparks half a metre.

Dam, yur gana make it difficult--I suppose you'd like a short movie, too?

Reply to
ah

Posted in the usual place...

Reply to