Exterior Door Trim.

This is only the fourth time in over a year that I have posted this question. How do I remove the body-colored exterior door trim from an XC 70? Does it pry off? Do you have to do something like slide it up first? Do you need to take the inside panel off the door? In this group, if someone asks the time, 30 other posters tell you how to make a watch, but I can't get a reply as to how to remove some trim? Unreal.

Reply to
.

Well now, it could be because we haven't tried removing the trim on that vehicle.

Had you asked about a 244, I'd be a font of knowledge.

Reply to
zencraps

The outside perimeter of the molding is stuck to the door with single application double stick tape. There are two guide pins that locate the trim strip longitudinally to the door skin. The new strips come with the tape preinstalled and are primed. They need to be painted to match the car.

Bob

Reply to
User

But you didn't snip the .... Oh, I see, yours. IOW it doesn't matter how you get them off, because you're going to wreck them anyway.

Reply to
Andrew McKenna

Thanks, very much. I don't need a new strip, just to get the one that's on there to stop rattling. I think I have an idea.

Reply to
.