Reversing light switch on Xantia 2.0i (1994)

Since this is my first message, let me start with HELLO WORLD! :)

Now, the problem: My reversing light is not working. Tail lights and rear fog lights work fine, so this shouldn't be the grounding problem. Also the fuse is ok, this must be something with the switch or the wires connected to it. What is the location of the switch? Under the gearstick or near the gearbox?

Thanks :)

Reply to
MaxHeadroom

in mine its in the gearbox itself.... in a 94 it would be the only thing with wires atached to the gearbox...

Reply to
Eduardo K.
[ re reverse gearbox mounted light switchs ]

No it might not be, electronic speedometer drives have been around for a couple of decades now, there could also be other sensors connected to the ECU - like with gearbox drain plugs, don't assume, you could end up with anything from a oil spillage to a major ECU / gearbox problem...

Reply to
Jerry

Jerry ( snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Quite. A '94 XM would have an electronic speedo - I have a feeling the Xant has a cable, though even if that is the case a VSX would certanly have a speed sensor (off the 'box, I think) for the Hydractive suspension.

Reply to
Adrian

94 to 97 Xantias have mechanical speedos.
Reply to
Eduardo K.

Ahem, my 96 Xantia diesel had an electronic speedo. This I know cos the sensor failed and I drove for quite some period of time without a speedo until I found a garage who sorted it for me. I assumed it had a mechanical speedo which is why I did nothing.

Reply to
Malc

96 Xant diesels have electronic speedos.
Reply to
Malc

Thanks. I don't have much time these days, so i'm still driving without the reversing light... I'll check it out and post the result here. BTW, it is the VSX, it has the Hydractive 2 suspension, i will ll be careful :)

Reply to
vukotic

Reply to
MaxHeadroom