saxo trouble

since having had a reconditioned radiator fitted the fan on my engine is not working properly, when you switch the engine off the fan will not stop. two visits to garage have drawn a blank has anyone got a clue what the problem could be

Reply to
yorkieboy

I once had the same trouble with a ZX.

The accidentally found fix was removing the 'switch' (not the correct name I know ~ i forget the proper name for them) from the fuse/'switch' box, under the bonnet IIRC. On replacing it, everything worked fine afterwards.

Worth a try!

Reply to
Seany

Had the same symptom some time ago - no radiator reconditioning though. In my case the thermostat was stuck closed, so hot water from the engine wasn't circulating out to the radiator and the fan kept running with no effect. It's a pretty simple problem to fix, your garage has probably already checked this.

Hope this helps, D.

Reply to
Dimitris Karangelos