Xantia 2 Plip fob key blade swap over???

Hi all,

I am very new here so let me explain my reason for being here - I have a Xantia and bought a second hand key plip (2 buttons) from eBay. My existing plip key fob is near enough broken - the rubber is completely ripped and off the key fob & the fob is cracked and sellotape is used to hold it together!! Some times pressing the plip buttons do not work and therefore I use the car to open and the annoying alarm goes off!! very embarrasing!!

I am having trouble removing the key blade from the second hand key fob so that i can change it for my existing blade - any suggestions on how to remove the key blades so i can swap them over to suit my car??? Some sort of pivot holders on both side of the key fob...

There is no way going to the dealers because they are VERY expensive to swap the blades over and reprogram them which costs (£40+VAT).

I would appreciate it very much for any of your advice and/or expertise!!!

Reply to
xantia223

As far as I know you need to drill off the head and drift out the pin, then the key & plip case can be changed over. (that's what I did with mine) You can then put the circuit board inside the "new" case and away you go, you don't need to reprogram anything. Although it is expensive I don't think my case was more than £20 from the dealer. Just for now why not just swap over the circuit boards and then at least you can set the alarm + dead locks.

Neil

Reply to
neil