79 chevy motor wont stay running

i replaced spark plugs and wires , vacum advance, fuel pump and still wont run right. when it sits at an idle is runs ok but when you give it just a lil bit of gas the motor starts to miss the more gas you give it the worse it gets.i looked in the carb. when i play the throttle and both jets are spittin gas just like its brand new so i know its gettin gas. i checked all the vacum hoses and there all good... please any ideas? suggestions?

Reply to
rednbluemarker

Check your timing and look for a vacuum leak.

Reply to
Razorblade

Double check your plug wires. I had similar symptoms when I inadvertently swapped a couple of wires on a SB Chevy.

18436572 Driver side of engine is 1357 Passenger side is 2468

regards, Le> Check your timing and look for a vacuum leak.

Reply to
Leon Corley

I had this problem on a 216. Make sure that your points are gapped correctly.

If that's not it, then here's what else I'd check:

Timing Vacuum leaks Valves (if a valve is bad or stuck, you don't get compression, and that cylinder will miss)

If it's not any of those, then I've got nothing.

Good luck!

Reply to
BrendanM

"BrendanM" wrote in news:iJS3f.73$ snipped-for-privacy@fe31.usenetserver.com: