FS: 66 Chevy El Camino

I have come to the realization that I just do not have time to restore this one. I have a nice project El Camino (1966) for the taking. Here are the details:

I have had the car for about 5 months and have only driven it a few times. I knew off the bat that it had wiring issues as some of the gauges would not work, nor would the horn. Also sometimes you would turn the ignition and it would not do a thing. Then you would try it another time and it would work just fine. But eventually it just stopped starting.

I had some people look at it (that know more than me) and they all said the engine was great (has a 350 in it) and that I should just rewire the car to get all the gauges working. I bought a wire harness, but just have not had the time to mess with it. It might need a new ignition switch too unless that problem was just due to bad wiring.

The odometer reads 13K, but it does not work. So it certainly has more miles than that. I have put probably about 100 miles on her myself. It was repainted probably about sever years ago or so. Still looks OK, but has some chips in paint and some surface rust spots.

I would redo the interior too...the headliner is coming off, the door panels are some ugly 70's job.

The tires still have some tread. Has aftermarket mags, but they are ugly. I was going to put new ones on. One tire has gone flat. Was not flat when I bought it, so possibly could be plugged cheaply.

The back tail lights are cracked, but I have replacements. There are a few pieces of missing chrome. There are some pieces of chrome with dents and wear. The stereo is missing.

Before the ignition went totally bad on me I would say that it had good pickup, steered and handled well. Also no sign of burning oil or anything like that. For someone who knows more than me (or has more time) it probably would not be that big of a job.

Pictures are at:

Asking $3800 OBO -- just trying to get what I have in it.

The car is in Brunswick, GA (it originally was from California from what I know).

- Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Strasser

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:31:44 -0500, "Kevin Strasser" puked:

Do you have all the paper on it?

-- lab~rat >:-) The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.

Reply to
lab~rat

If you mean the title and registration? Yes. Clear title too...I owe it in the clear.

- Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Strasser