Stolen! 1955 Chevy step side 2nd series step side - Haysville, Kansas

Images, owner & local law enforcement contact information:

Be on the Lookout!!! for this 1955 Chevy Stepside!!!!

September 16th, 2010 between the hours of 1PM-3PM from the Haysville, KS area this 55 Chevy pickup was stolen. The truck is bright red with ivory bumpers, chrome wheels, oak bed, black & ivory leather interior. Had a tag (probably removed) that read DADZ55. We are told it is more than likely being taking out of state so please spread the word to EVERYONE. We need your help to recover it, it has huge sentimental value to Don the owner.

Here are a few details that would make any car/truck buff recognize the truck. The hood ornament is actually from a Pontiac (chrome), if it has not been removed this would be a dead giveaway. The interior is black & ivory leather, tuck & roll with a custom v shape right in the center. There is a radio box under the dash and the dash itself has an open hole in it for a missing knob. Inside the window wells, if you really look with the window down you can see some green paint. The truck was originally green and when they painted it, they did not get this area covered well. There is a crack in the glass=85 passenger side in the vent window. There is a scratch on the drivers side above the rear fender. Spare tire has chrome wheels just like the ones all the way around. Because the fenders are not original 55 Chevy fenders there is also an indentation near the parking lights. The truck bed is oak, the bumpers have the bumper guards which you don=92t always see. It has a 6 cylinder engine=85 it is pretty much original under the hood. No carpet in side. The case# is 10s009654 and was filed through Sedgwick County Sheriff=92s department. If you or anyone spot the truck please call the police AND us immediately!

Contact Info in the Gallery, more pictures to come.

Keep your eye's peeled for this truck.. Ebay, Craigslist, Car Shows and Cruises...

Reply to
Woogeroo

from an email with the owners:

You know we had a call today(9/21/2010) from someone who is fairly sure they saw it in Oklahoma being hauled on an open 3-car trailer. Unfortunately they did not know it was a stolen truck when they saw it. They noticed it and really looked it over and when he got to his office, there was an email about it. So=85=85=85 it is in one piece. If someone could just spot it and call the police, stay with it long enough for the police to get there=85=85=85we=92d get it back and these jer= ks would go to jail. It was spotted on East 40 near Shawnee, Oklahoma. Of course, no telling where they are headed with it.

Reply to
Woogeroo

from a post by the owners, 9/24/2010 :

The truck was in a locked garage on our property. They also stole tons of tools. The sheriff told us they really knew exactly what they were doing because of how they got the garage door open. My husband is devastated over this. His Dad bought the truck brand new and has since passed on. We also had another report from a car buff that is just sure he saw it Tuesday evening around Pawnee & Glenn in Wichita. At this point, we've had the two different reports and both feel certain it was our truck. I don't which one really is but I know I would give anything to get it back. I'm just hoping and praying that people will continue to help us spread the word and keep their eyes open!

Thank you all for helping...we really appreciate it!

Reply to
Woogeroo

The truck has been found and is now back with the owners!

09/25, from an email with the owners:

We got a phone call at 1AM from the sheriff department=85=85..they found our truck sitting in a driveway of some slimeballs house!!!! Old Red is home!!!! I can never thank everyone enough for all the help=85=85=85.thank you seems like such small words but I hope you know jus= t how much we appreciate everyone=92s help.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Donald & Vickie Haun=85=85=85. Old Red thanks you too! J

Reply to
Woogeroo

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 11:29:48 -0700 (PDT), Woogeroo puked:

Glad to hear it turned up.

lab~rat >:-)