A couple of questions about restoration costs

The construction of something like a 6/80 is very different from a modern car. It's really quite similar to a big Minor. And like those, bodging with filler is pretty obvious.

But then I haven't seen the car and see no reason to doubt the OP's word.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Non of it. The front panel on my Capri looked sound from both sides until the wings came off....

Until it's been media blasted, you can't tell whether it's sound or not and just because there's no holes and a magnet sticks to it, it doesn't mean it's solid.

Reply to
Conor

Perhaps the OP has more skill at assessing things than you, then.

Someone who knew the model would know what to look for.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)