acrylic number plates

Does anyone know where I can get modern acrylic number plates made with the larger font style? I want to get two new plates for a 1994 Mini, but everywhere I have tried only has plates with the new narrower typeface... which I don't want! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Howard Rose

only sell the new font ( although I think the Federation of Historic vehicle clubs is having a go at the DVLA over this) Some one supplying " novelty " plates may be able to oblige however..... steve the grease ( the original steve taylor?)

Reply to
R L Driver

try these:

anything you want, you can even send your own artwork, the wide range shown is not everything they do, by any means.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks, I've sent them an email asking about it.

It's strange - for 20 years people had the fonts for the plates - now we have the narrower typeface everyone seems to be unable to supply the older one (even for show plates).

Reply to
Howard Rose

The font is now specified by law - and it's only the new one, not the previous. So a true replacement is going to have to be "show only", Irish, or dodgy. All are possible, I believe.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel