Advice please

I have a 1981 Ford Fiesta Popluar in very reasonable condition and would like to sell it.

It has been garaged from birth and been driven for the last 20 odd years by my mum who is now 88 and too old to drive it.

It has MOT and TAX and a new clutch & goes like a bird.

Would it be a good idea to sell it on EBAY? If so, how much would I expect to get for it?

-------------------------------------------- Linda Murray - Edinburgh Scotland. UK snipped-for-privacy@mur.org.uk

Reply to
Linda Murray

To be honest you wouldn't get a lot for it, it would just be regarded as an old Fiesta and 2nd hand car prices are at an all time low, the fact it the most basic model dosen't exactly help either. You could try ebay but you have to beware there are a a large number of crooks frequent eBay be particularly aware of Pay-Pal scam artists. It a pity because the Mk1 Fiesta was a pretty good car (for a Ford), I have fond memories of a Mk1 1100L

Reply to
AWM

Could you explain that last bit please? I've been selling a few bits and bobs recently on Ebay, curious to hear what a PayPal scam artist is...has someone diddled you and if so, how?

Ta.

-- Ken Davidson

Reply to
DocDelete

You'll get nack all on E-Bay. Get a copy of Classic Ford magazine and advertise it in there.

Reply to
Conor Turton

Ebay if full of scam artists as well as the 99% other decent honest buyers and sellers, I am not going to go into the mechanics of the pay-pal con trick incase it gives an less than honest usenet reader a head start on a career in internet crime, lets just say a an increasing number of eBay sellers no longer take pay-pal as a method of payment - which is a pity because it was a quick and easy way to close a deal. Before buying check the sellers ebay history carefully not a guarantee as there are a lot of faked and padded histories and also bad sellers/buyers often give the other (the wronged party) bad feed back or hold over the the threat of bad feed back over the wronged party to prevent them complaining. In about 35 deals I have encountered two down right crooks -- one deals in computer parts the other clasic car parts.

Reply to
AWM

full = 1%

make your mind up !

Reply to
916sen

1% is far fuller of crooks than I would like ...
Reply to
Samuel Clemens

Trouble is the scam artists do an awful lot of deals

Reply to
AWM

Gentlemen and Lady.

I have been following this thread this evening and thought I might add my piece. There must be something going on in reference to Paypal because last night I received an email from Paypal asking me to forward my Credit Card details because they were carrying out a review and until I could forward the information I would not be able to sell on EBAY. No problem you may think apart for the fact that neither my wife or I have or want a Credit Card, if we don't have the cash we cant afford it, and also I have never registered with eBay or paypal to sell anything. I do buy occasionally and send cheques or postal orders. I therefore have to assume that this is a scam for me to pass on my details.

Martin Perman

Reply to
Campingstoveman

:-)

Reply to
916sen

Yes thats one of the better known PayPal scams contact PayPal directly to report it

Reply to
AWM

That mail wasn't from Paypal, but made to look like it was. As was the reply to address. But it would actually go to somewhere else. It's the same sort of thing as the recent Barclay's bank scam where they ask you for your PIN. And Natwest, according to the news today.

If you get anything like this, simply go to the proper website ***using your URL*** and if they want any extra information etc they'll soon ask you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

And Citibank, judging by the same request I had yesterday asking for my card and PIN number. I don't have a Citibank card.

Geof MacK

Reply to
Geoff Mackenzie

And Nationwide, it seems that the spam scam scum will leave no stone unturned in their search for naive people waiting to be fleeced. The scum behind the scam seem to be in the former Soviet Union so I guess it is not about to stop anytime soon.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

message

because

forward my

until I

EBAY.

was. As was

else. It's

they ask

website

ask you.

asking for

Add Halifax to the list. I received a similar rquest for my account details. I haven't got a Halifax account. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Quick and easy? As in "enter your credit card details, then we'll charge you 99c, then you have to log in again using the transaction record number on your credit card bill (which you may have to phone your card issuer to get if you don't want to wait a month) and sign up to our bizarrely arcane terms and conditions?

Why Ebay run that stupid system as well as the "enter your switch number ... that's it" paymenst system I have no idea. I don't use Paypal and I won't use Paypal.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

And Lloyds today.