Are you interested in Triumph Cars

Fancy a meeting with a group of Triumph enthusiasts on a regular basis!.

We are a mixture of single people, couples and families that own and delight in the joys of Triumph cars. We organise activites from ten pin bowling, barbecues, runs out and camping weekends to name but a few.

The meetings are strictly informal and anyone who has an interest in Triumph cars is welcome.

If you are interested, feel free to contact me or the area organisers or just turn up at one of our meetings which are always:

The last Wednesday of the month at Griffins Head, Moor Road, Papplewick.

Look forward to seeing you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
harey

Bring your some sandwiches, a flask of tea, and a few exclamation marks (in case there aren't enough to go round).

Reply to
Ben Blaney

However, you will be barred for life if you don't have a beard and complain about the lack of real ale, this includes the women.

Don't forget your xmas jumpers.

Reply to
Pete M

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete M" Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.classic Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:46 PM Subject: Re: Are you interested in Triumph Cars

He said Triumph.

Not MG!!!!!

Reply to
Ash

In news:cv0g50$see$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk, Ash decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ah, my mistake.

Don't forget your spare trunnions.

Reply to
Pete M

No worries mate ;-)

Reply to
Ash

Oi, I resemble those remarks!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Actually ISTR the Griffins Head does sell some decent ale...

Reply to
Chris Bolus

You know, I might just do that - I pass the Griffins Head on my way home from work. Wednesdays are bad, but come the summer... who knows?

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Real ale? Check. Beard? Sometimes. Xmas jumpers? Only when working on the car outside. Woman with beard? A few bristles but she's nearly 40 so that's okay. Trunnions? Does a boot full of spare spark plugs, leads, contacts and PI parts count?

A friend in every car park? Yes! That's the best bit about driving an old crate: wherever you go there's someone who'll sidle over and chat about the one their dad used to have. Old man's cars? Yep, but so what.

Reply to
DocDelete

In news:42148ad1$0$27077$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, DocDelete decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Oh, don't get me wrong, I like older cars.

I'm seriously on the look out for a nice Mk1 Granada 3.0 or Mk1 Capri 3.0.

I suppose I'd better be quiet about the stereotypes now...

Reply to
Pete M