Can anyone identify these cars?

I found these two cars lying in a field among some other old cars rusting away. I have a funny feeling the black one is a 50's Anglia but I'm not quite sure. I didn't get any closer to it than from where the picture was taken. The green one I could not identify because there were no badges at all.

Bryan

Hillman hunter

Ford 100e

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

cars rusting

but I'm not

picture was

no badges at

Don't know for certain, but i'm inclined to agree with MrCheerful. An early 60's Hillman Hunter

Late 50's or early 60's, Anglia, Prefect, or Popular. They all had the same bodyshell. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Yes I agree but I'd say it was an early 70s hunter. Andy

Reply to
Andrew Wheeldon

Hunter 1725 GL or GLs "juke box model" circa 1975 -- the colour is aquarius metalic

Reply to
bonzo

Hello Bryan,

Yes certainly a Hunter .. brought back memories of mine.

Ken G3SPX

Reply to
Ken

Hillman Hunter - have a look at:

For a picture of another one from a similar angle.

Best Regards John McCabe

To reply by email replace 'nospam' with 'assen'

Reply to
John McCabe

In article , Bryan writes

c1973 Hillman Hunter GLS

c1958 Ford Anglia 100E

Reply to
Leroy Curtis

I agree with the second one being a ford, but i think the first one could be a Humber Septre useing the same arrow range body as the Hunter why do i think this because the over riders on the rear bumper most Hunters that i rember did not have the overiders (my fathers DL model included) and also the dash what u can make out lends itslf more to the Septre than Hunter. Regards George

Reply to
George Weatherley

In article , George Weatherley writes

If you look closely at the inside of the car, it has the later type of Hunter dashboard with circular instruments. IIRC, the Sceptre retained the original "timber beam" dashboard, similar to that of the Singer Vogue, until the end of its life. Additionally, I think a Sceptre would have a black vinyl roof.

Reply to
Leroy Curtis

Actually round instruments were fitted across the board on all post 74 Hunter/Arrow. Its a Hunter Gl or GLs or just might be one of the very last GT models. It isn't a Super or DL because of the trim level and type of chrome strip fitted.

The circular instrument type indicates it can't be a Singer (or Sunbeam) Vogue (or Gazzel) as these had a teak effect wood dash.

Reply to
bonzo

Ding! I knew those feckers inside out.

Reply to