Rover SD1 roof lining

Hi, having recently bought a 1976 Rover 3500 SD1, I need to reglue the saggy head lining. I have removed the whole panel and have it indoors in the warm, it has been recommended to me that the best glue is a spray on carpet adhesive, before I try that, has anyone tried doing this job?

Cheers Andy Jones

1959 Austin A40 Farina 1971 Morris Marina mk1 1.3 Saloon (J reg) 1971 Morris Marina mk1 1.3 Coupe (2) 1972 Morris Marina mk1 1.8 TC Coupe (2) 1973 Austin (Marina) 7cwt van 1098cc 1976 Rover 3500 SD1 (5 speed)
Reply to
marinaman

I haven't tried this yet, although I need to on one of my Vitesses.

There are two yahoo groups for the SD1 - someone there might have some recommendations if you get no joy here:

Owners' club is at:

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

Didn't know about those - thanks, Michael.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I read somewhere you had to use new cloth, though.

I'd like to know how you get on as mine needs doing too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

are! The club website does'nt seem to be fully running yet though.

Cheers Andy

Reply to
marinaman

I've been looking through the old Practical Classics articles on the P reg restoration from 2001, but I haven't found the mag where they do the roof lining yet!

I received the catalogue from Rimmer Bros for the SD1, great book but very expensive prices! where is the best place for parts?

Cheers Andy

Reply to
marinaman

It's still worth trying your local motor factors for bits - after all they were a common car. I got an ignition amplifier for about half the Rimmer Bros price from mine.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

"marinaman" realised it was Mon, 22 Dec 2003

21:48:52 -0000 and decided it was time to write:

That's because the SD1 restoration was never finished...

Even PC has its share of unfinished projects!

Reply to
Yippee

Yeah, what on earth happened to that? It went into the paintshop and never returned!!!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini De-Luxe 1964 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe
Howard Rose