FA sierra 4x4 estate

As a youngster I used to bemoan the opposite; you couldn't get an economical, small-engined, cheap-to-insure car car unless it was poverty spec, and I wanted a bit more luxury for my 50p.

Nowadays I could buy something like that. Instead, I do have a few pennies available for juice, and in my 40s, insurance is affordable on most cars, so I choose to buy a top-spec model of a car I couldn't possibly afford new. The very cars I moaned about as a youngster! Currently a 1989 Saab 9000S. Luxury and fun, shame about the 25mpg!

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Chris Bolus realised it was Fri, 02 Jul 2004

00:32:55 GMT and decided it was time to write:

You should have bought a Suzuki SC100GX (aka Whizzkid). Small and economical, but with a 'loaded' dash and AM radio standard. And bags of fun to drive, especially around corners.

Reply to
Yippee

Good choice. They even put the engine in the right place with that one!

Definately on my list of "must have" cars :-)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

How surprising, it's still yours.

£274.

Methinks that "surprisingly low" estimate is still surprisingly high.

Reply to
Pete M