Ford part number to vehicle id please.

I am having a clear out and I have come across a new McPherson type suspension leg for a Ford. Trouble is, that I don't know what it fits, I could hazard a guess at Capri, but does anyone know what it really fits: It is a Fitchel and Sachs leg marked with a big L and the numbers: TF32x152A

04 1500 100 227 H75AB 3K 034 AA

Any ideas please?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

In news:renie.33704$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, mrcheerful . decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

ISTR 75 AB is Mk2 Capri. I'll check later.

(75 being year of design, AB I think being the code for Capri)

Reply to
Pete M

In message , Pete M writes

I'm pretty sure that EB is the code for Capri. I think AB is Escort.

The "H" prefix denotes a Rallye Sport specific part. The "L", if it's the same as the Billies on my Capri, simply denotes left as opposed to right, which saves having to work out which side of the car it should be attached to from the part number.

I'm also pretty sure that all Capri RS struts were made by Bilstein, and the part number for Escort Gp1 RS four spoke alloys also begins with H75AB.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stokes