FS.. Rare Ford Alloys For the MK11 RS Range.

They look like pretty common Capri MkII Alloys to me.

Reply to
SteveH

Totally Different I can assure you, MK11 Capri Alloys the Edges of the Spoke sections are raised, these are dished down. Think that is best way to discribe them.

Have a close look and compare to a set you are thinking about ... Very very different.

Reply to
Igundwane

Igundwane waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Bit on the rare side an all, look a bit like RS2600 rims to me.

Reply to
Pete M

In message , on Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Pete M writes

No they're not. RS2600 rims aren't dished.

Reply to
Philip Stokes

Philip Stokes waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Could be why they only look a bit like 'em...

you're right though

Reply to
Pete M

Igundwane ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"6Jx14H210 are the size of them, 7" Width"

Eh?

6J would be 6", surely?
Reply to
Adrian

Wonder why there has been no bids at that price?.......lol

Reply to
Neil

Price Goes Up Next Week. !!! They are worth @ least £50.00 per rim.

Reply to
Igundwane

Pull the other one Smacks of the Hillman Hunter front side/flashers that were sold on eBay for a silly price as "very very very very rare works Escort parts".

Reply to
awm

You seem to be forgetting something.

They're only worth what someone will pay.

To be honest, you've more or less said they need refinishing - so that's another £50 / wheel on top of what you want.

And there's no way they're worth £350.

Reply to
SteveH

Great " Winter Project " then.. sitting there infront of the fire, gently sanding away with wet and dry ;-)

Certainly would be when they are finished though

Reply to
Igundwane

The only way to properly refurb the wheels is to get them sandblasted, machined to get rid of scuffing, before painting and laquering.

I think you're asking way to much, IMHO. Even if they're rare, they don't _look_ that rare, and the number of people out there willing to pay £150+ for scruffy set of alloys is very small.

There also seems to be a lot of weights stuck to them, been bashed in the past, have they?

Reply to
SteveH

Igundwane ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nobody wants to buy 'em at that price, so *I'll raise it*! That'll drag 'em in....

Stick 'em up on eBay starting at a quid, no reserve, and you'll soon see what they're *REALLY* worth.

Reply to
Adrian

I've often done this in the past. Takes a bit of bottle to start with I suppose, but I've never been dissapointed with what it has eventually made.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Any old junk will sell on ebay if you tell the morons its something rare even it it isn't 6 inch wide ford wheels ain't rare.

Reply to
awm

"Its not the width thats rare, it's the diameter. RS/ laser alloys are 13" and come in vairiouse widths and offsets but not

14"
Reply to
Bortaf

How can the price go up at an auction?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Which probably makes them even less desirable. 13" or 15" tyres you can get loads of good quality tyres in all sorts of sizes. Real 14" tyre development was left behind about 20 years ago. Certainly nothing like as good as all the other rim sizes above 13"

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Dave Plowman waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

I have to admit, a set of 14" RS alloys would make the Sierra project even weirder.

Nahhh, 16x8 Revolution RFX's I think it'll be.

Reply to
Pete M